ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - Police Department
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
Hourly Rate: $ 13.69 - $ 15.40
Open Until Filled
Performs advanced administrative duties for the department director and department staff.
- Coordinates office management activities
- Acts as liaison between the directors, subordinates and others by transmitting directives, instructions and assignments
- Independently follows up on the status of assignments
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports; makes preliminary assessment of the materials, organizes documents and forwards appropriate materials as necessary.
- Provide detailed information regarding department’s policies and procedures and on various programs including purchasing card policy
- Independently responds to letters and general correspondence of a routine and non-routine nature
- Reviews documents to determine that appropriate forms are used and completely filled
- Maintain appointment schedule/calendars, arranges meetings/conferences and makes travel arrangements
- Prepares comprehensive reports and compiles annual budget requests
- Reviews expenditures requests to ascertain availability of funds
- Initiates and maintains a variety of files and records
- Conducts advanced research, compiles and analyzes data for special projects and various reports
- Processes and tracks purchase orders requests
- Items specific to police department include:
-) maintenance of TCOLE records
-) coordination of departmental events and ceremonies
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task. Must interpret and apply both written and oral instructions. General office skills to include typing, filing and accounting functions. Excellent English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word. Must be precise in numerical calculations and record preparation. Must be punctual and organized to meet deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with city staff and the public. Ability to maintain confidential information.
Five (5) years of clerical experience; Advanced proficiency in the use of computer software applications: MSWord, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. PREFERENCE: Bilingual in English/Spanish; Associate’s degree from an accredited college. Acceptable Equivalency: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Employee Behavior and Conduct
City employees shall conduct themselves in a professional manner and shall exhibit and extend such professional conduct appropriate for the circumstances to those with whom they come into contact both internally and externally during the performance of their duties. Examples of professional conduct include, but are not limited to, being communicative, informative, fair, honest and respectful.
All City employees are required in the course and scope of their employment to provide services for the benefit of the general public during emergency situations that threaten the safety of Kingsville’s citizens. City employees must be able to work immediately before, during, and/or immediately after an emergency.
All positions require the following: 1) High School diploma or equivalent, 2) Valid driver’s license 3) satisfactory driving record and 4) proof of citizenship and/or eligibility to work in the U.S. legally. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
Applications may be picked up at City of Kingsville-Human Resources, 400 W. King Avenue, Kingsville, Texas 78363. For more information call 361-595-8017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.
Posted: November 16, 2017
Application for Employment: Download PDF
For more information on job listings, contact Beth Greenwell, at 361-595-8017.
How to Apply:
Complete application and submit online through City of Kingsville website.
Download application, complete and email to email@example.com
Stop by HR Department Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Office location – City Hall
400 W. King Avenue,
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Complete your application accurately to be sure your application receives full consideration. You may apply online by selecting an available position and attaching your application form to your submission. Applications may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Human Resources office.
A position must be available to submit your application online. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as posted for applicable position. Applicants not selected for positions are encouraged to re-apply at the next available opportunity.
All City of Kingsville positions require the following:
- Proof of eligibility to legally work in the United States
- Successful completion of background investigation
- Successful completion of drug screening
For the safety of our employees and the citizens we serve, the City of Kingsville is a drug-free workplace.
Most positions require:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Satisfactory driving record
Employee Behavior and Conduct
City employees are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner to both internal and external customers during the performance of duties. Examples of professional conduct include, but not limited to, being communicative, informative, fair, honest and respectful.
All City employees are required in the course and scope of their employment to provide services for the benefit of the public during emergency situations threatening the safety of Kingsville citizens. City employees must be able to work immediately before, during and/or immediately after an emergency.
Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Kingsville is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and its Equal Employment Opportunity Plans (EEOP) are available for viewing: