The primary duties of the Historical Development Board shall be to act in an advisory capacity to the City Commission to advise the city of the following matters:
- To effect and accomplish the protection, enhancement, and perpetuation of such historic structures and landscape features and of districts which represent or reflect elements of Kingsville’s cultural, social, economic, political and architectural history;
- Safeguard the city’s historic, aesthetic, and cultural heritage;
- Foster civic pride in the beauty and noble accomplishments of the past;
- Protect and enhance Kingsville’s attraction to tourists and visitors and the support to business and industry thereby provided;
- Strengthen the economy of the city;
- Promote the use of historic districts, landmarks, and structures, for the education, pleasure and welfare of the citizen’s of the city; and
- Designate historic landmarks, districts, subjects, areas and sites.
For more information when the board meets please call Cynthia Martin, Downtown Manager, at (361) 219-9325.
Historical Board Member List:
- Maggie Salinas, Chairwoman
- Lupita Perez
- Sandra Rexroat
- Tamara Brennan
- Mario Delgado
- Jonathan Plant
- Daniel Burt
The Board meets the third Wednesday of every month at 4 pm in the City Commission Chambers.