- Attention: David Solis
- Mailing: P.O. Box 1458, Kingsville, TX 78363
- Physical: 400 W. King Avenue, Kingsville, TX 78363
- Business: (361) 595-8056
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Kingsville’s Risk Management Department’s mission is to prevent or minimize employee occupational injuries/illness and to implement loss control measures to minimize liability.
The Importance of Risk Management
The Risk Management Department’s most important goal is to implement loss prevention programs designed to protect the assets and financial well-being of the city. Our focus areas are outlined below:
Seven Focus Areas of Risk Management
- Emergency Preparedness and Response/Natural, Technological and Human Events
- Employee workplace safety and training
- Workers Compensation Administration
- Safeguarding city assets and facilities
- Be compliant with applicable FEMA, Homeland Security and related Federal State regulations and reporting requirements
- Maintaining and monitoring the City’s Substance Abuse Programs and Policies
- ADA Coordinator
Furthermore, our mission consists of two main objectives. The first objective is to set parameters to determine risk and exposure loss. These parameters consist of identifying the hazard and potential impact; analyzing the risk to determine the degree of risk reduction; and implementing residual risk management capabilities.
The second objective is to manage the risk by avoidance, assumption, reduction or transferring the risk to designated or responsible parties. Transferring the risk is accomplished through insurance or hold harmless agreements.
The Risk Management Department is proactive in achieving its goals and maintaining its responsibilities by close coordination, full participation and cooperation from all city employees and citizens alike. The Risk Management Department works tirelessly to monitor jobs sites and work related practices of all employees, encourage employees to be safety conscious, investigates incidents, performs safety audits, files insurance claims, provides safety training, and implements occupational injury return to work program. The department’s primary responsibility is to maintain property, liability, and workers compensation insurance coverage.
To learn more about how our department warns citizens in the event of an emergency, please review our Emergency Information.
For more information on the Risk Management Department, contact David Solis at 361-595-8056.