Current Situation: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak / Situación actual: El brote del nuevo coronavirus 2019
The Kleberg County & City of Kingsville COVID-19 remote testing site at Dick Kleberg Park is open and testing for the coronavirus now.
*THIS SERVICE IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY* You must be recommended by a your doctors office to take the test. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, DO NOT walk into your doctors office without calling first.
You can also call CHRISTUS Spohn at (361) 595-9746 for guidance.
Please note Dick Kleberg Park is currently closed to the public.
El sitio de pruebas remotas COVID-19 del condado de Kleberg y de la ciudad de Kingsville en el parque Dick Kleberg Park está abierto y ahora se está probando el coronavirus.
* ESTE SERVICIO ES SOLO POR CITA * Debe ser recomendado por el consultorio de su médico para realizar la prueba. Si cree que ha estado expuesto a COVID-19, NO entre al consultorio de su médico sin llamar primero.
También puede llamar a CHRISTUS Spohn al (361) 595-9746 para obtener orientación.
En este momento, el parque Dick Kleberg Park está actualmente cerrado al público.
For the latest information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
See the CDC website for the latest developments on 2019-nCoV, including current case counts: 2019 NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (CDC)
Para obtener la información más reciente, visite: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
Consulte la página web de los CDC para conocer las últimas noticias sobre el 2019-nCoV, incluido el recuento actualizado del número de casos: EL NUEVO CORONAVIRUS 2019 (CDC)
- If you have any questions on the virus, contact the City/County Health Department at 361-592-3324.
- Follow personal hygiene advise posted throughout this website and on the links provided. In short, they include:Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.Avoid touching your face.
Use hand sanitizer.
If sick, stay home away from other people and contact your medical provider.
Adhere to social distancing advice, which is keep six (6) feet of distance between you and another person to the fullest extent possible.
- City Hall and other City buildings are closed to visitors. Contact information is posted on the doors as the staff is still providing services through alternative means.
- City Parks are open with the exception that Dick Kleberg Park is closed to all persons. All City parks restrooms are closed, and the splash pad is closed.
- The City of Kingsville and associated commissions, boards, and meetings, are closed to all public physical attendance. Alternative means for participation are posted on each respective agenda as they are posted at City Hall.
- City water meters will NOT be shut off to residences or business for lack of payment during the City’s emergency declaration for COVID-19. Citizens are still responsible for all utility payments and late fees’ however, we will not be shutting off city utilities for lack of payment at this time. The City does not have control over electrical retail providers; you are encouraged to check with your provider for arrangements on electricity service if you are economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- City and County Stay at Home Orders are posted on the City’s main webpage (please see below).
Small Town Charm, Texas-Sized Pride
Nestled between the sparkling Texas Riviera to the east and the rugged Brush Country to the west, Kingsville is where modern industry meets the history of the Old West. A centennial city, Kingsville is steeped in tradition and rooted firmly in the unique legacy of South Texas. Founded by Henrietta M. King and named after Captain Richard King, Kingsville is surrounded by acres of flourishing wildlife and natural beauty and is home to several of South Texas’ most famous institutions such as the King Ranch, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, the National Natural Toxins Research Center, Coastal Bend College and Naval Air Station Kingsville.
Like many great cities, Kingsville has undergone many changes since its inception, but a new age is dawning that will solidify its reputation as the leading center of ranching, trade, industry and technology. Our strong educational system, a growing economy and a small town atmosphere makes Kingsville the ideal place to raise your family.