Our mission is to collect the citizen’s refuse and debris in the most expedient, safest, and reliable way. Sanitation collaborates with Recycling Center and Landfill Division to collect City’s solid waste, brush, and recycling.
The Recycling Center is located at 202 W. Lee. It is our goal to provide a convenient and efficient method for diversion of renewable resources from the City Landfill and to educate the process of recycling throughout our community.
*Note: In the case of a lost/stolen roll-out, please contact Tanya Bernal at email@example.com or 361-595-8094.
Solid Waste Collections Division collects garbage from over 7,500 homes and businesses each month. Occasionally, crews miss a house or business. Sometimes the crews are not able to service a roll-out or dumpster due to a discrepancy with the roll-out or dumpster. If there is a problem that prevents collection, they will call in to the office or turn in a discrepancy list at the end of the day noting the problem they encountered.
Your garbage must be at the curbside by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up collection day. Once your roll-out is serviced, please remove your roll-out from public view as soon as possible or by 8PM. This will also prevent your roll-out from being stolen or damaged by vehicles.
Garbage Roll-Out Tips
- Keep your garbage roll-out six feet away from all obstacles such as yard trimmings, parked cars, mailboxes, telephone connection boxes, water meters, fences, and walls. If you place your roll-out under a tree limb or power line, make sure there is at least 14 feet of space between the curb and the tree limb or power line.
- The handle of your roll-out should point towards your house and the arrow on the roll out towards the street.
- We recommend bagging all garbage before putting it in your roll- out. This practice will keep your rollout container clean and will prevent it from blowing away and littering the streets.
- Your garbage must fit easily in your roll-out. The lid of your cart must be closed to prevent litter and for us to be able to service your roll-out.
- Keep a record of your roll-out number when issued to you in case it is damaged, stolen or mixed up with neighbor’s roll-out.
- Do not overload roll-out container (max. 200 lbs.) as damaged roll-out container will be replaced at customer’s expense of $90.
- Do not allow items to hang out of roll-out container as this will cause damage to our truck’s mechanism and may not be able to be emptied.
- Items placed outside the roll-out container or commercial dumpster will not be picked up.
- Tires, concrete, dirt, large rocks, lumber or hot ashes, and construction material are not allowed in roll-out containers or commercial dumpsters.
If your roll-out or dumpster is missed or not serviced you may contact the Solid Waste Collections Division at 361-595-8094 or 361-595-8060. You can also send an email. Include your name or business name, address, a contact number and the roll-out number that was missed.
Pickup Schedules & Zone Maps
Brush pickup and white goods pickup schedules and zone maps are available below.
|Zone||Start Date||End Date|
|2||August 24, 2015||September 4, 2015|
|3||September 7, 2015||September 18, 2015|
|4||September 21, 2015||October 2, 2015|
|1||October 5, 2015||October 16, 2015|
|2||October 19, 2015||October 30, 2016|
|3||November 2, 2015||November 13, 2015|
|4||November 16, 2015||November 27, 2015|
|1||November 30, 2015||December 11, 2015|
|2||December 14, 2015||December 23, 2015|
|3||December 28, 2015||January 8, 2016|
|4||January 11, 2016||January 22, 2016|
|1||January 25, 2015||February 5, 2016|
Place your brush out next to the curb the weekend BEFORE the START DATE of your zone to insure it is picked up by the City. Brush that is brought out after our crews have gone thru your neighborhood is considered LATE and will not be picked up by the City.Please do not place closer than 5 ft to any meters or up against a fence, make sure brush is not blocked by cars. Brush must be cut in lengths of 5 feet or less. Maximum size of brush pile: 6’ deep, 6’ high, 10’ long (6X6X10).
|2||September 4, 2015|
|3||September 18, 2015|
|4||October 2, 2015|
|1||October 16, 2015|
|2||October 30, 2015|
|3||November 13, 2015|
|4||November 27, 2015|
|1||December 11, 2015|
|2||December 23, 2015|
|3||January 8, 2016|
|4||January 22, 2016|
|1||February 5, 2016|
DEADLINE to call in and be put on the list is 12 noon on the day before your white goods service date. Call 595-8094 before the deadline with your information, and then place items out next to the curb the night before your scheduled white goods pick up date.Example: furniture, mattresses, appliances, etc. NO concrete, tires, hazardous waste, remodeling or construction materials allowed. Alleys are to remain clean and unobstructed of any brush, debris, or white goods.
(Indoor / outdoor furniture, large household appliances, mattresses and box springs, etc.)
Service is provided on the last Friday of your zone schedule.
- Call 361-595-8094 to schedule a pick-up by 12PM the day before scheduled pickup.
- Set items out the night before scheduled pick-up, this will prevent others from piling on your pile.
- Items must be placed in right-of-way in front of property line.
- Items must be separated from brush and debris or they will not be picked up.
- Services provided for residential properties only (does not include rental properties or vacant lots).
- Debris must be 5FT from any obstruction (ie fence, light poles, vehicles. etc…)