- Attention: Uche Echeozo
- Title: Director of Planning & Development Services
- Mailing: P.O. Box 1458, Kingsville, TX 78364
- Physical: 410 W King St, Kingsville, TX 78363
- Business Phone Number: (361) 595-8053
- Administration Phone Number: (361) 595-8055
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Planning & Development Services department is the lead agency for both physical and economic development of the City. It serves as staff to Planning, Zoning and Preservation Committees and reviews all residential and commercial development plans, all zoning and subdivision platting, and provides all long range planning for the City. Such plans deal with all elements of the physical design and development of the City, which include community appearance, development design and character, and historic preservation.
The Planning & Zoning Division oversees the City-wide planning and zoning administration. The City’s Planning Division is also responsible for regulating subdivisions and administering the Master Plan, the Comprehensive Housing Plan and other associated land use plans for the city. The Master Plan and the Comprehensive Housing Plan are blueprints for dealing with physical and economic development and diversified housing initiatives.
The Building Services Division oversees the permitting and inspection services for all construction activities within the city. Building permits ensure the minimum acceptable standards of codes are applied before and after construction. In addition to ensuring minimum code compliance; life safety measures and quality workmanship are top priorities for our customers.
Building permits are required for many remodeling projects, repairs, replacements, new structures, and additions. Before starting any improvement project, please contact Building Services for permit requirements.
This Community Appearance Division provides code enforcement services with the goal of improving the overall appearance of the community and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the City of Kingsville. This division takes a proactive approach to code enforcement and other community appearance activities. The programs are designed to educate the public and ensure compliance with the City’s Property Maintenance and Nuisance codes.
The Community Appearance Division is dedicated to providing efficient quality services to enhance the quality of life in the City of Kingsville, by fairly and equally enforcing City codes to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our community.
To provide a high quality of life through the use of consistent application of urban design principles and building standards, while maintaining the unique character of Kingsville. This is to be obtained through the use of creative development tools and partnerships with the community to elevate the standards of the city and become a leader in the region with regard to livability, economic development, community appearance and housing quality.
- Strive to give residents full, clear and accurate information on planning, building and community appearance issues
- Assist in the clarification of community goals, objectives and policies in plan-making to ensure continual prosperity
- Strive to protect the integrity of the natural environment and the heritage of the built environment
- Exercise fair, honest and independent judgment in our roles as decision makers and in some cases as advisors