[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If your gas service has been interrupted, and/or your meter has been removed, the following procedures will need to be carried out in order for re-connection. Only you, your immediate family, or a licensed plumber may do repairs to your gas line with the proper permit.

  1. If you are a homeowner intending to repair or replace his or her own gas line you must apply for a gas inspection permit at City Hall. A gas permit is $15.00.Immediate family is your brother, sister, father, mother, son, or daughter. (If you live in a mobile home park, you cannot perform the necessary repairs or replacement yourself.)
  2. If you do not intend to repair or replace your gas service line yourself, then you will need to call a licensed plumbing contractor of your choice. The contractor that you select will need to obtain a plumbing permit to do the necessary repairs. A gas permit is $15.00.
  3. After all necessary repairs or line replacement has been done, your gas line will have to be placed under an air pressure test. The gas service line will have to hold 10 lbs. of pressure for approximately 20 minutes. A gas pressure gauge can be purchased at almost any hardware store. The highest PSI reading on gauge can be no more than 30 PSI. The air pressure test will need to be inspected by the Plumbing Inspector. (The Plumbing Inspector does not perform the air pressure test.)
  4. After the air pressure test has satisfactorily met the requirements of the city, a green tag will be placed on the meter loop. You will then be able to notify your local gas company to arrange a time for your gas service to be re-connected.
  5. If the air pressure test fails inspection, a red tag will be placed on the meter loop, and will need to be re-inspected. A re-inspection fee of $25.00 will then need to be paid before any further inspection can be done.

*Note: Under the Board Rules issued by the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, it is unlawful for any maintenance person employed by either an apartment complex, or a mobile home park, to perform any gas repairs.

For further information, please call the Plumbing Inspector at (361) 595-8022.

For permits please call the Permit Clerk at (361) 595-8019.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Leave a Reply

Close Search Window